OUR KEY AIM
The key aim of the Associate Artists of Unison Colour is to sponsor those artists that we recognise as talented ambassadors for Unison Colour. These artists endorse our brand & are as passionate as we are about pastels as an art medium.
This will also enable a closer & more effective working relationship between the artist & Unison Colour. Membership of the AAUC is through invitation only by Unison Colour.
We currently have over 30 artists who are part of the Unison Colour family………
- My love affair with Unison Colour Pastels began as an art student. I coveted their beautiful hues and bought only 6 colours that I swore I could not live without. 21 years later I have collected a multitude of colours and sets. I have found no other soft pastels to possess such quality. They are highly pigmented and offer a beautiful, unique colour range. They are almost like paint with their marvellous buttery consistency. I am completely hooked! Denise Findlay
- "As a pastel artist, my job is to render light - we are in effect chasing the light in every piece. With these magical little wands of pure pigment in your hand it actually feels like you are painting with light! The colours are pure, clear and buttery soft in consistency and application but not overly so and make less dust than any other brand I have used. I was bewitched from the time I opened my first box and now for me there is no comparison - Unison you have cast your spell over me!" Lynn Howarth
- I love the flexibility that working with Unison pastels brings; the variety of possible mark making with both dry and wet application plus the amazing colour range means I am able to explore and express my ideas in real depth. The texture is important too and something that sets Unison apart from other makes of pastel; rich colour that blends beautifully on a variety of surfaces makes it a pleasure to work with. As a Northern Artist, living and working relatively near to Unison HQ, I also feel immensely proud of what is a locally produced product. The care and attention that is given to creating each hand made, glorious stick of colour, is not only done to the highest standard, it is done in the UK and sent around the world. That, for me, is worth both celebrating and supporting. Fiona Carvell
- Without Unison pastels, I would not be able to create the work I do today. The buttery yet consistent strength of the pastels lets me to build almost countless layers. This, alongside their gorgeous collection of subtle and vivid shades, has allowed me keep on developing my work and create evocative works of depth and range. I genuinely feel that Unison pastels are the best pastels in the world. Sandra Orme
- I highly recommend Unison pastels. So soft and always consistent in their feel and application. The colours are just divine with so many soft blues, grey violets and intense turquoise that you can't find anywhere else. I just love them. Tricia Taylor
- With hundreds of delicious colours to choose from, Unison Pastels are undoubtedly one of the best pastels in the market place today. A consistency that is perfect for all types or papers, rough and smooth, this vibrant and professional pastel is always top of my list and my first choice for the studio. As a professional Artist, Tutor and Demonstrator, the tools of my trade has to be the best. Les Darlow